- Must be enrolled in the Physics Programme at Universidad del Atlántico
- Have at least a 3.5 grade point average in math and science courses, as evidenced by their grades
- For Diamond applicants, students must be enrolled in undergraduate research (course codes: 210310 or 21032, i.e. ninth and tenth semester, respectively) and need to submit a research statement. At the end of the semester, Diamond awardee must present about their investigation topic. If the candidate belongs to a Research Seed at the Physic Programme, it will be a plus!
The above are the PROPOSED scholarship minima for this upcoming term. It is possible that the minima may be lower if we should have more scholarship funds to disburse. It is also possible that the minima could be higher should we attract a greater number of qualified applicants. Please note: even if you meet the standings above, you are not guaranteed a scholarship.
For Diamond SERS Applicants:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: one from an official Advisor (Director of undergraduate research) and one from a professor in the Physics Programme (who is familiar with the applicant’s academic standing or who taught the student core courses)
- Complete personal and research statements in the online application.
For Sapphire and Quartz SERS:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors within Physics Programme (who are familiar with the applicant’s academic standing and who taught the student core courses)
- Complete personal statements in the online application.
Once you start your online application process, you will be required to submit a personal statement on your accomplishments and what a college education will mean in your life. Please complete this essay in word processor (250 words maximum) and copy and paste into the application form. Please be aware that the online application will log you out after a period of inactivity, and you may lose your progress.